|To edit the Series page, go to Technical Boy/Series.|
|“||I am mankind's greatest achievement. I am the compass rose. I am fucking binary. Without me, shit don't spin.||”|
Technical Boy is one of the New Gods and, as a personification of the Internet, he is a purveyor of all things related to technology. Desperate to prove himself, and hungry for respect and power, he struggles to keep his impulsivity and petulance in check, making him dangerously unpredictable.
Significance in narrative Edit
- Main article: Technical Boy/Novel
Significance in series Edit
Physical appearance Edit
Technical Boy's look is "more punk than god" and changes with every appearance.
After having some of his teeth knocked down by Media, Technical Boy wears grills - as Bryan Fuller mentionned, he "changes grills as much as he changes hair styles" . Bryan Fuller also revealed that the grill Technical Boy wears at Easter party in Come to Jesus were inspired by Fabergé eggs. 
Powers and abilities Edit
- Internet & Technology Embodiment: As the personifications and God of the internet and technology Technical Boy possesses every aspect of them, and which also gives him unparalleled powers over them. So far showing the following;
- Deity Creation (possibility): Technical Boy appears to be able to create Deities similar to him that are in his sphere of control relating to the internet. He has stated that Media wouldn't exist without him, and he showed a level of influence over her while she was in net when he found her, as he was able to flick her while in her orb form while telling her what to do. His level of influence over her is not unlimited as Media has grown beyond him and was even able to telekinetically punch Technical Boy so hard that it knocked some of his teeth out and also telling him what to do as she is the mouthpiece to the New Gods.
- Internet Manipulation: Technical Boy has shown the ability to manipulate the internet and even transport himself into the net when he was searching for Media.
- Technopathy: Technical Boy is able to influence technology with his mind.
- Telephone Manipulation: As Telephone Boy before his powers and sphere of control grew and evolved he possessed the ability to manipulate every aspect of the telephone and it's inner workings.
- Upgrade: Technical Boy is able to go through a technological upgrade of himself much like a metamorphosis. As regular everyday technology has to be upgraded so to does he, enabling him to go from Telephone Boy, to Technology Boy and then becoming Quantum Boy boosting his powers and his level of control, as well as his own mental maturity. He did not appear to be able to this on his own as the CEO had to be involved.
- Reality Manipulation: Technical Boy reveals to Shadow in "The Bone Orchard" that he can "reprogram reality" and he can delete Shadow from existence. It is unclear if this is merely him boasting about his powers or if he actually can alter reality, or if he can simply delete shadow from the net itself as if he had never been born.
- Divine Touch: After Technical Boy goes through his upgrade as Quantum Boy the CEO tells him that he can't let him leave until he blesses him. Quantum Boy then proceeds to touch the CEO's hip, freezing him in a flash of light and loud vibrating energy. He then asks if it is everything the CEO imagined since Technical Boy's only limit is the CEO's imagination and fear fuels imagination. It is currently unknown if this a blessing by Quantum Boy or just letting the CEO feel his power, or something else.
|To edit the Gallery page, go to Technical Boy/Gallery.|
Note: The pictures are shown in episodic order. To see the order of the episodes, please visit the Episode guide.
Notes and trivia Edit
- Technical Boy will be the most changed character from the novel to the series, as the Internet has evolved significantly since the novel was written in 2001.