Season Two is the second season of the Starz television series American Gods. It consists of eight episodes and started filming April 30, 2018 at House on the Rock, Wisconsin. It premiered on March 10, 2019.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
We were forged in God’s image, but the Gods are also made in ours – and in Season Two the battle moves inexorably toward crisis point as the destinies of gods and men collide. While Mr. World plots revenge for the attack against him in Season One, Shadow throws in his lot with Wednesday’s attempt to convince the Old Gods of the case for full-out war, with Laura and Mad Sweeney in tow. A council at the House on the Rock explodes into chaos, sending deities both Old and New on quests across America that will converge on Cairo, Illinois: forcing Shadow to carve out a place as a believer in this strange new world of living gods – a dark world where change demands commitment, and faith requires terrible sacrifice.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The battle between Old Gods and New Gods continues to brew as we join Mr. Wednesday just a few short hours after his declaration of war and the epic showdown that ensued at Easter’s party. While Mr. World plans revenge for Wednesday’s attack and Technical Boy searches for Media, Mr. Wednesday continues his quest to pitch the case for war to the Old Gods with Shadow.
Laura and Mad Sweeney in tow, Shadow begins to understand this strange world of the gods and carve out a place in it as a believer, but it is far from a straight path. Change requires sacrifice, and when things don’t go as planned at the House on the Rock, both Old and New Gods, and those they meet along the way, find themselves on journeys across America — all destined for a climactic showdown in Cairo, Illinois.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: List of American Gods episodes
|Ep. #||Title||Original air date|
|201||"House on the Rock"||March 10, 2019|
|202||"The Beguiling Man"||March 17, 2019|
|203||"Muninn"||March 24, 2019|
|204||"The Greatest Story Ever Told"||March 31, 2017|
|205||"The Ways of the Dead"||April 7, 2019|
|206||"Donar the Great"||April 14, 2019|
|207||"Treasure of the Sun"||April 21, 2019|
|208||"Moon Shadow"||April 28, 2019|
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
Co-starring[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Notes and trivia[edit | edit source]
- American Gods was renewed for a second season just two weeks after the Season One premier 
- Bryan Fuller and Michael Green are no longer showrunners for Season Two 
- Jesse Alexander was initially hired as showrunner alongside Neil Gaiman for Season Two but he stepped aside toward the end of filming the season with Gaiman taking over
- Filming wrapped October 2018.
- Bast makes her first appearance in Season Two 
- Season Two picks up a few hours after Season One ends.
- Treasure of the Sun is another Mad Sweeney episode covers 6,000-7,000 years of his life
- An episode goes back in time to Mr. Wednesday running 1930s Vaudeville/Burlesque house with singing, dancing, and stripping and with Thor's death also involved
- They won't reach Lakeside until Season Three
- Mr. Jacquel does not appear in Season Two
- Easter was not planned to appear in Season Two
- Mama-ji's role will be expanded and she will appear throughout the season
- Mr. Nancy's interest in Bilquis is not just because she is a queen but also romantic 
- A younger incarnation of Technical Boy will be introduced as "Telephone Boy"
References[edit | edit source]