Motel America is a chain of motels, restaurants, and travel centers throughout the United States.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mr. Joshi, the founder of the Motel America Restaurant and Travel Centers, Ltd., arrived in California in 1947 and purchased a small converted motel just outside of Fresno. His wife, a brother-in-law, and three cousins joined him and established Motel America franchises throughout the United States.
Significance in series[edit | edit source]
Notable locations[edit | edit source]
- Eagle Point, Indiana (Chapter Two, Chapter Three, Chapter Four, "The Secret of Spoons")
- House on the Rock, Wisconsin ("House on the Rock (episode)", "The Beguiling Man")
- St. Louis, Missouri ("The Greatest Story Ever Told")
- Hermitage, Tennessee ("Treasure of the Sun")
- Camden, Wisconsin (Chapter Eleven)