|“||Once upon a time there was a fucking queen. She had it all: the glory, the power. Worshipers eager to give and grateful to receive. Why? Because she had the gift of the gift. The blessing of blessings, hers to bestow. And her place of worship? Oh, that was the place to be. That was the goddamn shit. It was good fucking times. Kings didn’t like that. Kings came one after the other to knock her off her throne. They didn’t last long. When the queen was done with you, you were gone. Worse ways to go. But the kings, they kept coming after her. Our queen’s power which is the power of all women, the power of rebirth and creation, it makes some men kneel in awe and give gifts. But it makes other men angry. And you know it: Anger gets shit done.||”|
Bilquis is one of the Old Gods. As an ancient goddess of love who craves the worship she inspired in eras long gone, she is eager to find that same relevance in today's world.
Bilquis is the legendary Queen of Sheba who ruled the city of Ma’rib in Yemen thousands of years ago where she was worshiped by her people in nocturnal rituals of orgiastic nature.
Significance in narrative Edit
- Main article: Bilquis/Novel
Significance in series Edit
Bilquis carries a regal essence everywhere she goes and possesses divine beauty. She has dark brown skin, full lips, with round dark colored eyes. Bilquis's beauty enchants all. Men, women, and kings - it made no difference. They all fall under the thrall of the legendary queen. In her prime Bilquis styled her hair into what resembled a chalice or even a crown, with finery expected of a goddess and queen. In modern times Bilquis remains as beautiful as ever. She styles her hair in loose curls, and when she's not seducing mortals in loose shawls or robes Bilquis is seen wearing elegant dresses with heels. When deprived of worship Bilquis is physically malnourished with her skin distinctively looking dry; hence, when given a sufficient amount of sacrifices she becomes radiant.
|“||Do something for me. Worship me. Stay here with your words, with your body. Worship me. Pray to me like I'm your god. Your goddess.||”|
–Bilquis, "The Bone Orchard"
Powers and abilities Edit
- Immortality: As a god, Bilquis is functionally immortal and cannot be killed by conventional means. She remains beautiful and youthful so long as she receive worship. In "Come to Jesus," when Bilquis does not get worship, she begins to show signs of aging, including sexual-transmitted diseases.
- Absorption: As the goddess of love, Bilquis absorbs/feeds on the love of her worshipers by consuming them within her vagina. In the past, she was able to transform humans into a body of black liquids to absorb them.
- Blessing of Bliss: Bilquis can bestow her gift of eternal bliss and pleasure upon her worshipers. After Bilquis absorbs her worshipers, they are sent to a nebula-like dimension of afterlife where they enjoy a state of perpetual orgasm within her.
- Absorption Empowerment: As Bilquis physically absorbs/feeds on her followers and their love for her she is able to replenish and rejuvenate her health, beauty and her powers.
- Love Manipulation: As the goddess of love, Bilquis can control and influence the emotions of humans. She can cause mortals to fall in love with her in order to feeds on them.
- Divine Beauty: Bilquis is endowed with otherworldly yet natural beauty, gorgeous facial features, a curvaceous body, and a very sensual personality. She can sexually attract the hearts of both men and women.
|To edit the Gallery page, go to Bilquis/Gallery.|
Note: The pictures are shown in episodic order. To see the order of the episodes, please visit the Episode guide.
Notes and trivia Edit
- Bilquis is the Queen of Sheba who was suspected of being half-human, half-demon (a jinn).
- In some traditions of Jewish mysticism and folk-tales the Queen of Sheba is at times equated with Lilith or Frau Venus.
- Yetide Badaki was a fan of Neil Gaiman long before being cast as Bilquis.
- Yetide is also an immigrant. She was born in Nigeria and lived in England before coming to America. She became a US citizen in 2014.